Sunday, April 29, 2007

Kindred Spirits





I am blessed to have a fantastic friend in Jess from Oh My. We get togther most weeks and are building a close relationship between ourselves and our whole families. Jess' is in many ways my opposite...she is bubbly and extroverted, a little bit messy and hugely fun. Despite being a mummy of four under four...and being exhausted most of the time Jess has a happy, joyful spirit.

Last week on Anzac Day our wonderful hubbies took most of our kids to the zoo for the day and Jess and I hung out watching Sense and Sensibility and The Office (Whaddaya mean? Of course they go together!!!), talking, eating and crafting. Our baby boys, three weeks apart in age, rumbled, laughed and generally looked incredibly cute.

Here is Jess busy on the sewing machine trialling a bootie pattern that she has since realised was flawed fom the outset and needs a major Jess revamp.


The coffee table...usually clear of clutter when the kids are all around.


A cutesy elephant T that I appliqued...I loves it...and I am soooo not a pink girl!




Our beautiful babies...E and J




7 comments:

Jennifer said...

How fun this sounds. Can I come? One day I will visit Australia. It's on my list.

oacemama said...

We'd LOVE you to join us...but you'll have to come a bit further over the Tasman Sea to New Zealand!

Jennifer said...

Well I will visit Kiwi land too. :) Duh to me!

Sharonnz said...

Watching a movie in the daytime? What? I love the pic with the poor boy shut outside in his highchair, lol.

oacemama said...

Ha-ha Sharon...the door is open and E is eating and smiling!!!! But...then again I did forget about him and left him there for ...oh...almost an hour!

Jen and family said...

sounds like a wonderful day
jen at http://jenz.wordpress.com/

Setiuz Mama said...

How cool. You guys make such a good team. Fun!!! Can't really think of a much better way to spend a day with a friend. Now.......Isn't it time for another post???? I'm getting Random-Thoughts withdrawal symptoms!!