Friday, April 20, 2007

I AM a Nana!

Who would ever think I would be excited enough to take pictures of knitting, sewing and worst of all an old tablecloth I picked up at a secondhand store? I admit it...I am a craftaholic...I spend far too much time poring over craftblogs and I have to stop myself buying more wool and fabric everytime I go out!


I have almost finished these longies for E8months...I LOVE the wool...it is Tekapo variegated in lovely muted autumn colours...perfect for my redheaded baby boy.



I have to show off a wonderful gifty I got from a friend...we have only met IRL once, but she knows what I like so well...Look at the gorgeous wee bag ...fully lined...the sparklies are knitting stitch markers and they go in the bag...and the wool is my absolute most favourite wool ever and I put it next to the gifties to show you how perfectly Sharon has chosen the colours I love.







I once started a country quilt...each square was a basket...needless to say I have moved on from the early nineties and no longer have folkart stuff around everywhere...so what to do with the blocks I had completed...aha...perfect pincushions...complete with flowerheaded pins.

I have made four and have about 6 more blocks left to do...can you see I lost the urge to make the quilt pretty quickly?.


I don't think I have shared my fabulous felted kntting bag...there is a Martha pattern somewhere...but I can't find it on the web anymore...anyway...basically I semifelted a big old man's sweater, cut it up, sewed it into a bag shape and then felted the heck out of it...and now it holds a small portion of my wool stash in a little spot on my bookshelf next to the chair where I *would* knit if the downlight wasn't broken.

I was inspired to make this after Rach made about a million trillion bags. See her collection here.


And my old tablecloth...I got it for $5 and it is a huge circular tablecloth with only a few teensy stains..it is destined to make a summer dress for my A2 and with the scraps I plan to Beebeemod some T's shirts for gifties.

4 comments:

Jen and family said...

love the pin cushions
I love that material in the last photo
jen at http://jenz.wordpress.com/

Rach said...

I spy......Kaleisha's wool!!!!!!!
So glad you're posting again!!
I enjoy the *discipline* of trying to write most days. Somehow it's satisfying in a way that cleaning the toilet isn't!

T said...

Hi there,
I have some sheets that look like this... I might even have some material around that has this sort of retro (?) feel about it. I will have a look. I think I even have bits of 70's style lace... maybe even some ric rac.....

Setiuz Mama said...

Wow you crafty gal!! You are so clever! I love seeing what you are up to. Hey the longies for Escher are cool. There is someone on trademe who sells heaps of Tekapo wool....must get some as I have often looked....never bought....yet!
Hmmm Poring over craft blogs.....a little world that seems so timeless yet when one looks up at the clock...one does wonder where the hang all the time has gone!
Have a lovely weekend.