Friday, April 20, 2007

Baby Shower

Now I love Babies...I love making Baby gifts...but I really DON'T like making gender neutral stuff...anyway...I am off to a Baby Shower tomorrow so spent most of this evening (in between my postarama!) making this gifty for the new baby...


All packaged prettily in one of my many gift boxes I have kept to re-use. Somebody once told me I was cheap for doing that...but I reckon it is a) environmentally friendly and good stewardship and b) means I can spend more on the gift!



I had this fabulous idea of using old books which were beyond mending for cards...so here is a pic from an Enid Blyton book that I coloured with my kids trusty colouring pencils...and glued to a metallic purple card.

I already had some wipes made up in my gift-stash (I always have wipes ready...they are so handy for a quick and useful Baby pressie...don'tcha think? ) and I thought the little green giraffe was super cute so I copied him and made a wee apliqued and embroidered T which I hope is okay for a girl or boy.

The giraffe is a piece of terryfleece, hand embroidered with red,gold and aqua spots and appliqued it onto the T. I then added aqua antlers, tail and a fringey mane...now my only question is...Do giraffes have manes?

P.S. Did you like how I tied in the card with the whole theme of the gift? Now I only hope the recipient likes it...you never can tell. When you have put your heart into creating something it is of more consequence whether they like it...well it is to people-pleasing-everyone has to be happywith me-me

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love your gift ideas and am flattered that I am a verb with you guys. And I love the mobile library pic...that is great!

oacemama said...

Aw Fanks...I am trying to convince dh that I need to buy one of your T's for my boy and one for Jess' boy...and I have to do it before your April giveaway ends...send me good cajoling vibes!

Thanks for visiting!

skatey katie said...

karen you are so. fabulous.
you have a lot of artistic flair flying around up there.
*love* the gift boxes idea.
and what is with this bombardment of posts?? i turn my back for a second and *whoosh* six entries to read !!!!!!!!
looking forward to seeing more of your world as the muse dictates.
much love X

Jen and family said...

what a cool idea
and I love the giraffe tshirt
like your creativity
jen at http://jenz.wordpress.com/

Setiuz Mama said...

Wow! I am inspired!! What cool ideas. If I was the mommy receiving this lovely gift I would be stoked!
Good on you!