Sunday, October 28, 2007

Who Will Help Me Grind the Wheat?

"Who will help me grind the wheat?"

"We will!" chorused the curious children, eager to play with mummy's new toy.



"Who will help me bake the bread?"

"We will!" chorused the hungry children who enjoy licking any kind of bowl, full or empty, savoury or sweet...or doughy.



"Who will help me eat the bread?"

"We will!" chorused the circling vultures...ooops I mean delightful children, who had been asking, "Is it ready yet?" the whole 24 hours the flour was soaking.


Our bread was delicious... we had to add in some storebought white flour as I forgot to adjust the recipe due to the ground wheat flour being soaked in water overnight and therefore very moist. It turned out slightly nutty and quite similar to Vogel's bread....mmmm. It sliced easily and toasted well for breakfast the following day also.





6 comments:

Setiuz Mama said...

YUMMY!!! Well Done!

Jen and family said...

Yum
I love the smell of bread cooking
good story :)

Sharonnz said...

So what's the verdict on the grinder, babe?

Rach said...

YAY YAY YAY You've done it!
How long did the grinding take for how much? Was it onerous?
Flaker info tomorrow please!

Sarah Bean said...

wow! just as soon as i find where my superwoman cape ended up, i'll hand it on to you - awesome stuff mama! (And it looks yummmm)

Jennifer said...

WOW! I always seem to have problems with my wheat/grain breads rising well. I stink at making bread anyways. Yours looks yummy!