Sunday, October 07, 2007

$9 well spent

Yesterday the kiddlies and I ventured slightly North to the neighbouring Waikato town of Morrinsville. They were having a market day/anniversary something or other. Anyway...we bought lollies, sausages, and lots of yummy local preserves and even local venison salami...mmmm.

The highlight however was the HUGE bouncy castle in the middle of the main street. O5, A3 and C3 wanted to have a turn and as it was free (or so I thought), I figured why not? I was fully expecting fussing, tears and less than 10 seconds of either three year old actually bouncing before I had to carry them screaming back to the safety of the stroller.

I was so surprised, proud and yes, almost teary when A3 and C3 whipped off their sandals and clambered up to bounce away with about 20 other, totally unknown children. A3 even talked to a little boy and played Peek-a-boo with him. C3 was the last to get off when the time was up...yes the ticket girl had arrived back from getting change and I just couldn't be dishonest...hence the $9!!!!

My babies are starting to venture out of the nest and I am glad once again that we have allowed them time to find their feet. It is often confusing knowing when to gently push them forward and when to sit back and wait for them to pluck up the courage on their own.

So...$9 well spent in my opinion.

3 comments:

Sharonnz said...

It took a couple of ours a while to find the bouncy castle love but Mr A2 often wakes up asking for "bouncy castle??", lol. You'll have to come down here to visit Claire with her very own one;-)

skatey katie said...

i first tasted venison salami at greg and nik's when they lived in kati... it's really strong, we ate it on pizzas...
X

Jen and family said...

sounds like a nice day :)

jen at http://my3boysandi.wordpress.com