Thursday, October 04, 2007

Literary Treasures


Today I spent an hour with half of the town at the annual Matamata Historical Society Book Fair...oh what joy!

Look what I got for $20...

Favourite Finds included...

Nathaniel Hawthorne's 'Wonder Book', 'The Chronicles of Robin Hood' by Rosemary Sutcliffe with lovely colour plates, and a lovely treasury of story excerpts with biographical info on the authors collated by Margery Fisher


My most charming find was "The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady". What a wonderful example of a nature journal for my children and myself.

Time for another new bookshelf...c'mon we only have four so far.

2 comments:

Jen and family said...

I love book sales
that Diary looks interesting
well done

jen at http://my3boysandi.wordpress.com

hc whanau said...

oh so jelly of your 4 bookcases! my books are languishing in boxes in the garage from last time we moved...one day LOL

Looks like you had some great finds

~Gabes~