Sunday, August 26, 2007

What's On My Mind

Things going through my head at the moment...

Peak Oil...when? How severe? How will we fare in small town NZ?

Will the kids EVER get better...it has been three weeks of fevers and snot and coughing and puking, and night waking!

What can I grow in a short term vege garden while we are renting?

Just shut up and start exercising already or you'll never fit your jeans without a muffin roll hanging over the top.

How will A and C cope when they start kindy next month...Will A throw huge screaming tantrums every time? Will she do the silent statue? Will she show her displeasure by weeing in the middle of mat-time? Will she totally astound me and be an angel who just delights in heading off to kindy with a "Bye-bye mummy, see ya later"? Will C run off and have the time of his life in the sandpit? Will he want a "cuggle" but not know who to ask and just get sadder and sadder? Will he be able to get to the toilet in time? Will the teacher's just want to smush him up like I do?

ETA: J thought I should clarify that smush=smooch, snuggle, kiss all over... rather than a typo of smash as he first read it.

Is O really truly as sad as he seems when he asks if his old best friend J could move close to our new house?

Is it possible to reinvent oneself in her thirties? Or is it just a bit lame? Can I really get away with wearing the kinda clothes I want to wear...bright, slightly boho and eclectic...kinda op-shop student with a bit less grunge and a bit more mummy thrown in? Shall I stick to the safe jeans and T's I've been wearing for the last five years cos then I blend better?

Isn't it amazing how friendly and welcoming people have been since we moved to this cool little town? Why am I surprised? I wonder if they will still talk to me next time after two of my children screamed and screamed while I was trying to make converstaion?

I really *should* blog more...but then again...it is all a bit narcissistic...but I've started it so I should continue...never give up...don't be a failure girl...

Often I'd really like to be uncomplicated, face value, spontaneous and unfailingly positive...but then I'd be a Sanguine and my wonderful J wouldn't have married me...so I guess being Melancholy me is not so bad after all.






5 comments:

Sharonnz said...

I second the exercise thing and reinvention. Far too much of the mummy going on here and not enough of the grungy hippy from way back when;-)

Jen and family said...

praying for your kids

hope A & C love kindy its very good for them

praying for you 2 :)

jen at http://jenz.wordpress.com

skatey katie said...

loved *reading your mind*
bwaaaaaaaaa-ha-haaaaa!!!

of course if you were sanguine then everyone would know you are an idiot cos you couldn't keep your mouth shut. at least being a melancholy you activate brain before mouth.....

Is it possible to reinvent oneself in her thirties?
maybe that's why people love moving from The Big Smoke to Smaller Friendly Places??? you get a chance to Find Yourself, Reinvent Yourself, Tattoo Yourself.....
life is full of changes and chances... love hearing that you're about to embrace the current lot.

and there's nothing like a bit of healthy narcissism imnsho... well i know that's a sanguine statement. but it's true. enough...

loved your update. i almost bought some chai syrup today.... X

Setiuz Mama said...

Hey you!
Peak Oil....Yeah that's something I've been wondering a bit about to? Love to have a chat with you about that soon.
Stink about your kids!! Mine have just waltzed on into the next episode of coughing and snotting...oooo FUN!!
Exercise......hmmmmmmmm.....I can SO NOT comment on that!
Kindy....cool....you won't know yourself!
Reinventing oneself....I think it is SO possible. The closer I get to thirty (Lingering on the edge) I realise that I don't REALLY care what the fashion is and what everyone else is wearing. A new look can be refreshing....I'm aiming for a newish look over summer.
You blogging is SO more consistent than mine................You're doing well!
Hope your kiddies get better soon, will call you this week! Promise!

Mike said...

Reinventing oneself, huh? Sounds like a great idea.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/