Saturday, August 18, 2007

Cinematic Gems

We are a movie household. I have tried to go the no screen thing route...and we have got as far as virtually no commerical tv for the kiddoes. J and I still watch too much crap. Confession time...I LOVE ANTM and I really like Project Runway and Top Chef...and I actually was sad when my Baby E stopped waking at 3:30am 6 months back cos I never found out who won My Restaurant Rules...but then I gave myself a quick slap and snapped out of it.

Anyway...since we have been trying to cut down on the TV our DVD collection has expanded exponentially...and I justify the epense because renting them costs almost as much as buying them (okay occasionally) and this way I can lend them to trusted people and have a range handy for those times when I have torn/stained my Supermummy costume and need a wee break.

I have chilled out since I wrote this post...a smidgeon...so here goes...my fav movies...WIP...

For a Girl's night In or curled up by myself with a block of choccy:
Amelie
A Very Long Engagement
The Sound of Music
Pride and Prejudice (BBC thank you very much....mmmm...Colin Firth as Mr Darcy)
One Fine Day
Little Women
Some Kind of Wonderful
Sense and Sensibility
The Princess Bride
Grease
My Fair Lady
Roman Holiday
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Gone With the Wind


For curling up with the Kid's and a Big Bowl of Popcorn:
Stuart Little
Curious George
Mary Poppins
Little House Season One (Season Two is a bit more adult for my under fives!)
The Railway Children
Heidi
Anne of Green Gables...okay the kids get bored but I LOVE Megan Follows as Anne.
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

For Watching with J:
Monty Python...especially The Life of Brian and The Holy Grail.
Blackadder...okay it is TV...but oh so funny...my favourite is Series Three with Hugh Laurie as the Prince.
Life is Beautiful
Citizen Kane
Grosse Point Blank
Hi Fidelity...heck anything with John Cusack
School of Rock
Oh Brother Where Art Thou
What's Eating Gilbert Grape
Pirates of the Carribean
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow...heck I love Johnny Depp too..ever since 21 Jump Street!
LOTR...of course
The Great Escape
Lethal Weaponsss...okay they are dumb but who can resist "We're back, We're bad, He's Black, I'm mad!"

Okay...there are heaps more...I'll keep thinking...so what are your must sees? No docos allowed...unless they are Mockumentaries!!!! Gotta love Best in Show.





3 comments:

skatey katie said...

yeah, Best in Show... i'm totally with you, also on the chick flicks: but *say after me* matthew mcfadyen is The New Mr Darcy.... oh em gee, that walking over the moor in the trench coat scene... *gasp* i can't breathe.... X
PS have you seen johnny depp in The Secret Window????

Jess said...

Karen- you forgot THE PRESTIGE!!!!

Setiuz Mama said...

You and my little sister (Emma) would have a BALL with the girly movies. She even made a Pride and Prejudice style dress!