Thursday, May 29, 2008

What A Difference A Day Makes

Yesterday I was up and energised and had one of those wonderful days when lots gets done and noone falls by the wayside...probably helped that A3 and C3 were out for most of the day at Preschool eh?

I got 3 loads of washing out and in, weeded one of my garden beds, made some more progress on the sanding and painting in the laundry/kitchen, played board games with O6, read books with E21 months, made homemade vege pizza with A3 and even made a fire that took straight away.

However this morning I am on the go slow...it is chilly, but beautifully sunny outisde, C3 ended up in our bed all night with a temperature and a scratchy cough so I am bleary eyed, the kids are watching dvd's in the lounge with the fire on and it is only 10am!

About to push aside my funk...rug up the kiddlies with woolly socks and gumboots and go for a walk in the sunshine and then back home to bake some feijoa and coconut cake...or maybe Katie's Feijoa and chocolate cake. ..cos we got some of the last feijoas too.

1 comment:

skatey katie said...

ha! hello lady.
yeah, the feijoa cake is delish, but so far i am really the only one eating it, cos my kiddos seem rather partial to the one i usually make.
yeah, for the last five years, i think *cake* and make sophie gray's... it's the one i can make with my eyes closed...
mwah X