Monday, May 05, 2008

Labyrinthitis

As much as I wish my post title meant I had been reliving my youth by watching loads of old movies with David Bowie as the Goblin King...alas it is not so.

Instead I have been battling with an inner ear infection for the last week. I do like the name though...Labyrinthitis sounds so much more exciting than inner ear infection.

I thought I had come down with gastro/rotavirus when I started puking and couldn't get out of bed for almost four days...but it is likely that it was all down to the pesky virus making my inner ear munted!

I can now get up and about but feel like I have been on a boat for a month or have had too many wines. The room is spinning and swaying constantly and I cannot concentrate on anything for very long.

Blessing number one is that fortunately I hardly ever get sick, so when I do I get to make the most of my wonderful hubby's concern...and the kids revel in watching almost unlimited dvd's while mummy has another nap.

Blessing number two is that I am not preggie...the first few days felt suspiciously familiar...now that would have thrown a spanner in the works!

Blessing number three...due to being basically unable to eat much for a week I have finally got back to my goal weight...now to keep it off once the hunger kicks back in. I am even comfortably wearing the size ten jeans I had given up for lost.

Hopefully I'llbe back to normal soon...as we have a winter of renovation preparation to do, then a spring of painting and polishing...then a summer of relaxing in our freshly updated home.

4 comments:

Setiuz Mama said...

Oh dude that just sucks!!! Hope you get better soon!! Had a to have a little grin about the preggie bit. Oh and the size 10 jeans....COOL! Come visit when you feel well and whole again. Much love

Rach said...

YOU WIN THEN!

sweetp said...

Aww get better soon xx

Jess said...

So it is the inner ear?Crazy! Loved chatting the other day, Jarrod and i are just talking to see if we can make it work, i think he has a mens retreat on the Saturday, but, we could maybe come for the day on Sunday?