Thursday, June 05, 2008

Hi!

Just popping in , we are still here...been lying low for a week with winter ails...nothing major just EVERYONE at once.

What's been happening?
C3 is awaiting bloodtest results for gluten allergy...if it is that it'll be a major PITA and also a relief to know how to help him not be sore all the time...cos his constant wailing is doing my head in
House renovations on a seemingly endless go slow due to sickies and consequently mummy flaking out in bed/in front of the telly once all are snuggled up in bed...doing my head in
First week for moi in paid part time employment ( from home even) 5 hours- not bad considering the abovementioned sickies...yaaay!
Conquered the overlocker threading and sewed up merino skivvies for the rapscallions...just need to hem them, or not bother and call them "trendy" with the overlocked edge showing...yaaay!
Been flicking between Jekyll and Hyde mummy today...yelled at C3, threw paper at O6 (yeah I know I am not 3) and threatened A3 (with what I can't recall)...but I also took everyone for a walk (with scooters and bikes even), sat at the table for ages drawing, cutting, pasting and so on and gave out iceblocks for dessert...I'm doing my own head in...how's that for ya?

All in all, pretty standard motherly kinda stuff going on in my world...what about yours?

8 comments:

Setiuz Mama said...

Boy oh boy, fun fun fun in your house!! So understand the Jekyll and Hyde thing....gosh I think i'm the mental one in the house most days....wonder if the kids will remember all that later in life....Hope NOT! Good on ya for getting the bloodtest done...at least if it's not, then you can eliminate that one. If it is....I'll help you think through the food cause I kept JK off the gluten for a year. Paid employment?? that sounds interesting, love to hear more. Here's the deal....The minute you're all feeling better (or close to it) come visit...we'll have a yummy lunch and go to the park. Missing you guys!! Loves xxx

Rach said...

Thanks for the soulpeek. I miss it when your blog is quiet.

Sharonnz said...

Yeah, spill on the paid employment dude! I really hope you get some fast answers for MrC3.

sweetp said...

mucho the same here. just got well then we all get sick again. sigh. baby is teething too.sigh. N2 is on a dairy exclusion diet and some supplementy things - hoping that will give us some answers. Hope the test goes well for C. No job here though...what are you doing? sounds intriguing

LeighLeigh said...

Love your honesty. I was talking to a new mom the other day who was stressing that she wasn't 'making the grade' as a mom. She told me a very funny story about how she lost it at her 2 year old and when I cracked up and said I had been there she looked shocked - I told her to stop judging herself by the outside appearance of everyone else...she couldn't believe that we all 'lose it' from time to time, she just thought she was failing as a mom.
I had a spin out on Tuesday at 6.30am - which is really far too early to be doing anything with gusto....we did manage to turn the corner thankfully (a lunch time sleep for me was a big help!)
Love Leighxx
PS: Was that your sister on Mucking In a couple of weeks back?

T said...

Yes, it was me...

Rosie said...

Reading your post made me feel at home! So comforting to know we're not alone in those 'Jekyll and Hyde' moments!! Great to hear about your new employment.....they are very fortunate to have your input:-)

And E11 spotted someone who we thought looked so like 'Mrs N' on Mucking In, too!!

skatey katie said...

haha yeah i already 'fessed up my very own shoutymama episode.
thankfully things have been relatively sunshiney since then.
but hey, thank God we're all *spoofy voice* NOOORHHHH-MULL.
mwah X