Friday, June 06, 2008

You asked for it.

I have just begun a project that is right up my alley. I am part of a small team who are charged with improving the EOTC opportunities at my husband's work. It is a large camp that runs many different activities and camps, many of which are school camps. Myself and another teacher on staff are working to maximise the experieneces that are available for school groups in the EOTC area. We've just begun, but I am excited, I can do almost all of the work from hom via email/internet and phone and will have a one hour meeting each week for progress reports etc.

In an ideal world I would not have to work for pay at all, but with the current economic situation, world events and peak oil closing in, and the price of a pound of butter at $4... a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. I'm thankful that I can be involved in something worthwhile, enjoyable and that fits around my family really well....and it is not minimum wage!

4 comments:

Sharonnz said...

Sounds like right up your alley. Great!!

Setiuz Mama said...

COOL Job....I used to do that sorta stuff at Carey Park. You'll be great at it as you can see it from the camp and school perspective. Good on ya!

Sandra said...

Lucky camp to have you Karen. Hope you keep on enjoying it. I found butter at $5.50 yesterday. Blew me away.

Jess said...

Hi K! We had fun on the weekend! Thanks for having us! Liji keeps saying, "Mum, when can i go see C's RACE CAR?" (the girls told him all about it!) I have finished the hat, and am starting on the cardi! (i am not starting on the peg dolls until i have finished the swaps i am in this weekend!)
Ok, take care! Love you