Monday, March 05, 2007

Words of Wisdom

I have just edited my blog-to-date to preserve a bit more privacy for our family. Somebody older and wiser than me (okay, it was my Dad) offered me some advice that perhaps I was being just a bit too open by posting my children's names and so forth. Well, as much as I hate to admit it...I think he is right.

I am by nature an open person, but when it comes to the actual and potential safety of my kids I will go out of my way to ensure they are not exposed.

So...if you are new to my blog you'll have to imagine the names of my family...it could be lots of fun...my hubby J could be Jasper or Jehosophat or even Jorge. My eldest boy has his own blog...so it won't be hard to figure out his name, what about the twins... Princess A for Araminta, Aretha or Abigail...Master C? How about Coltrane, Cletus or Cyril...and my precious Baby Ecould be Engelbert, Ebenezer or Ezekiel...maybe I could change their names in each post even.

Any great names to offer peeps?

2 comments:

Rach said...

I use the initial and their current year of age....and put the boy ones in blue and the girl ones in pink so their grandchildren know who I was writing about in a hundred years' time!
It's not silly to be careful - your Dad was right!

Jennifer said...

I have nicknames for mine and I decided not to post pictures...watched too many Dateline's, weird people out there. It is really neat to hear about other Christians in the world. I love your Sunday post and being thankful for raisins. That's like Cheerios and fruit snacks here.:)