Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Crafty Goodness

Okay, so I stole the title from somebody else...not sure who...there are Sooooooooo many fantastic craft blogs out there!

Here are just a FEW of my favs
http://www.rosylittlethings.typepad.com/
http://www.worstedwitch.com/
http://www.jesshutch.com/

So in celebration of craftI am sharing a few pics of things I've made. I tend to knit a lot, and I definitely only make practical things...I just don't have time for little trinkety stuff.

So here are some things I've made lately... Hand embroidered T and soaker made with
hand-dyed wool...this was sent to Australia for a little girl...I hope she liked it!

Lovely, lovely, lovely wool from http://thewoolcompany.com... longies made in gems wool...just scrummy!
I'm on a dishcloth making binge at the moment. I have made a whole heap out of thrifted cotton. I crochet them because it is superfast. They work so well and are so bright and cheerful...much better than the synthetic shop bought cloths.
Another little set..more yummy woolcompany wool...this time my absolute favourite watermelon....mmmmm!
Shhhh...don't tell my niece...this little tiki singlet is off to America for her birthday. Sorry the pic is not so good, but I embroidered and appliqued this tiki for her to remind her of her kiwi heritage. He has cute little vintage button eyes and a red felt tongue.
I always have lots of crafts on the go...so will add more pics now and then to spur me on to actaully finishing projects!

2 comments:

Setiuz Mama said...

You are such a clever gal!! I don't really have any crafty friends down here in the Waikato so am laping up all the crafty energy!! Lovely to catch up on your 'little' whanau! Time does fly.

Setiuz Mama said...

Hey Karen!!
Hope your day is going well, even with the weather being a bit windy and COOL....and children inside all day etc etc.
I have just about finished my first knitted soaker, just knitted on flats and am ready for the next challenge of knitting on the round, I would love to know (if you don't mind sharing) what pattern you use for your short soakers and the long ones too.