Saturday, May 05, 2007

Maaaarrrrvellous

I am having a maaarrrvellous weekend...beginning on Friday where the kids and I had a fantastic scream-free (and that was just me!), thoroughly fun day together. We made collages for Daddy, played schools on the trampoline, read lots of books and generally enjoyed each other.

To top it all off O5 wrote me a message on the sketcher.
It reads "Mummy, I love you, a rose, you are 33"
Warm fuzzies!

My folks were due to come for dinner but had to postpone so Jand I took the opportunity to rent "The Prestige" and eat Peanut M&M's and Big-Uns (kinda like Cheese curls..but much nicer!) What a fantastic movie...you must all rent it...TONIGHT!

J thinks he might add it to his DVD collection which has grown by a few more today as he spent ALL of his birthday money on the complete set of Fawlty Towers (plus a copy of Reservoir Dogs which he'll be having to watch all by himself!)

Today I fed my babe at the usual unearthly hour of 5am...then promptly drifted back to sleep. J took the other kiddos to soccer and I fed E again and then lay in bed to read the paper. When the hordes returned I went for a long walk to do my weekly weigh in...and I lost 1.4 kg...yee-ha...have finally hit the post baby goal weight.

On the way home I just *had* to detour past the local Salvation Army Op Shop and I scored some cool little bargains...

Kids knitting patterns for 5c each.

Some cute little bag handles...and they had many more there but fortunately for J I only had a small amount of cash and had left my plastic at home.

A gorgeous green scarf that I have yet to decide what to do with. I will refashion it into something for either myself or Miss A.

When I got home the trusty postie delivered to me a package from Greenbeans, containing some scrummy BKT for nappies, a pair of little Addi turbo circulars to complete my collection and a surprise pressie for a friend...shhhh.

But wait, there is more...My Nativity Knit book arrived...Yes I AM going to knit our family a Nativity scene for next Christmas...watch out you scoffers and titterers...If I get really keen I might just have to kit up extra sets to send your way.

All in all...Bliss. My wonderful man gave me almost the whole day off today as he disappeared with the kiddos again after lunch, Baby E had a 3 hour sleep and I knitted while watching "Shakespeare in Love".

Days like these refresh the soul and rejuvenate the mind and body.

7 comments:

Setiuz Mama said...

Wow that sounds divine! (as i'm sure it was) Gotta love those days. Hey, like the nativity scene thang....K and I were just talking about having one for next Christmas....
K LOVED the Prestige...he went with friends when it was at the movies, I am yet to see it BUT i'm sure he wants to watch it again.
Is J a bit of a movie buff? It could be scary putting him and K in the same room.
Hope today is a continuation of the last 2 days!!

skatey katie said...

...knit our family a Nativity scene for next Christmas...
lol
funny, i remember chatting on TNN last year about this, the whole month i was on that forum lol.
we have a nativity scene that we made on wooden blocks. it's so child-friendly, it sits in our entrance way and everyone comes by and has a little play.

watch out you scoffers and titterers...If I get really keen I might just have to kit up extra sets to send your way.
well, now, there's a plan...
maybe we can do another katie-trade-me....

Sarah Bean said...

What a perfect day :D Can't wait to see how you get on with the nativity scene, it looks very cool!

Rach said...

no wonder you looked so calm at church this morning!!!!
I was too, knowing I wouldn't be battling kids - I left early to come home and put bread in the oven for guests! It was so nice strolling along in the sunshine, ER asleep in her wrap and pretending to be a mama-to-one!

Jen and family said...

bless O5 doesnt that just make your heart melt

wtg oacemama
bless your hubby

jen at http://jenz.wordpress.com

Sharonnz said...

Snap re the Nativity book, lol! We'll put that movie on our must-see list since we seem to have uncannily similar taste. I might even send M out soon for it, lol.

Jennifer said...

Ooo, your finds look awesome. I need to go to a second hand store and find some chairs to slipcover for a project. Oh, yeah, free time?