Friday, July 25, 2008

10 years on

Dear J,
Today is our 10th wedding anniversary. What a wonderful journey it has been together so far.

We have travelled to four continents together. You didn't get angry when I piked out of visitng Tijuana. You came to a lyriad of museums and art galleries with me even though you were bored silly. We walked up the Eiffel tower cos it was cheaper and took a 1 pound flight from Amsterdam to London. We rode rollercoasters, and you threw up. We walked and talked and laughed and made memories.

We have made four amazingly beautiful kiddoes together...despite us, they are truly gorgeously spunky. You are the most wonderful daddy. You keep us all sane. You willingly change hideously foul nappies You let me have weekends off and keep the washing up todate while I'm gone. You make wooden models with our sons...and daughter. You persevere in affection with Miss A even when she screams at you to go away. You have done many, many night shifts while I have stayed asleep and warm in bed. You didn't leave when I went psycho after the twins were born.

We have moved from a place of security and comfort to a new town and life together , and it has been such a wonderful move for us. We have both faced challenges and stresses, but I am glad to have taken the risk and make this step of faith. You let me buy a little old rundown character house and never roll your eyes (in my presence anyaway) when I greet you after you get home from work with another list of jobs for you to do around the house.

We have tolerated each others annoying habits and quirks. You are much more patient than I am in this area. At least when I am knitting I can't slurp on my fingers eh?

We truly enjoy being together... when we get the chance to just be! I am so looking forward to our little retreat next week, sleeping in, being able to hold your hand rather than two little kids for a couple of days, talking about other stuff beside who threw what tantrum and who learned which new or naughty word.

I love you...more.
K
xx

6 comments:

Sharonnz said...

Happy Anniversary guys! Well done, what an awesome milestone in todays relationship climate.

Rach said...

Karen, that post makes up for all the wuiet!!!!
beautiful

skatey katie said...

oh, huge blessings to you.
funky blessings, not wishy washy ones.
have a fabulous time out together,
much love X

Jeremy Nicholls said...

Karen and Jamie,

Congratulations - happy anniversary!!
Love you guys. can't wait to see your beautiful whanau in december.
karen - keep looking after my little bro! You are great for each other.

Jeremy, beth, cyrus and muriwai

LeighLeigh said...

Hey Karen - Congratulations! It really doesn't seem like that long ago - where has time gone...?
I still remember being in the bathroom at Rowena & Craig's wedding...remember? Then tripping around London together...then you being my angel at Waitakere when I had Ems and you had A & C.
10 years - wow!
Lots of love
Leigh

Sandra said...

Beautiful post Karen. Congratulations to you both.