Saturday, April 05, 2008

Just Breathe...I can do it!

Buy Nothing Challenge - April 2008

Last month my challenge to myself was to stay away from the supermarket. I did pretty well...only went once when we had guests over and once or twice to grab milk and rolled oats.

This month I am going to give it my best with the buy nothing challenge.

Okay...I admit that yesterday I did buy TWO glossy mags, but in my defence I didn't see this challenege until this morning...so from today until the end of the month...no unnecessary purchases.

That means...

No new clothes

No new gadgets

No new furniture or housewares

No salon services

No makeup

No tools

No whatever the hell else people buy


If you must absolutely acquire something non-edible or not essential to growing your own food or for your survival, then you must borrow, barter, or buy it used. If you end up buying something new that is non-essential, I'll be hosting a weekly Sunday Confessional for you to justify your purchase. So, just think about having to confess to the world what you couldn't hold off on buying.


Wanna join me?

I am also continuing my NO plastic bags into the house challenege...my other half even remembered the other day...what a guy!

3 comments:

sweetp said...

Snap! I just posted this on my blog this morning too! So far I'm doing well but it's going to be a long month I think hehe. Gabes

oacemama said...

Where do ya think I got the link from my lovely?
xx

Jess said...

Hey baby! Recovered from the week away yet? So much better not having daylight saving in the middle! (I am loving it! I got up at 6.15 this morning!!! and i am going to bed at like 9!!!!!!)
Ok, i had to have a giggle at the list of what not to buy! I don't buy anything on that list on a regular basis! A month, easypeasy! My thing is... Stamps! (is that included, i only have a view swaps to go!)
Oh, and i worked out what was wrong with Joel, 2 massive toothys!