Friday, June 01, 2007

Big Changes

We have been soooooo busy over the last week or so...

Firstly cleaning and decluttering the house to take pics to list it privately (no paying $12000 to a Real Estate agent-yeeha!).

Fielding a huge number of calls and viewers...we have had over 750 hits to our ad and a dozen people through since Monday and it is looking like it will be sold by next week...can't say too much!

Looking at houses down the line (we like this one in Te Aroha) and tossing up whether to buy a small business or keep on working for "The Man"...self-employment is winning the battle.

Finding out that J's work is going to be making major changes which confirms his decision to resign.

And of course...lotsa crafting...I'm hoping to put up some stuff in an etsy store later sometime in the next couple of weeks...and I am pondering setting up a wee e-commerce site of my own...
or maybe not...I don't do well with selling stuff...I prefer to gift...however I would love to have my own boutique of sorts...watch this space.

4 comments:

Sharonnz said...

So excited for you guys. Go the Etsy store...can hardly wait to see all your gorgeous crafting!

Jen and family said...

wow 750 hits
i like the house you are interested in
all the best
jen at http://prayerwarrior.wordpress.com/

thebeanbag said...

Oooh that is all so exciting! And you'd be closer to me then, yippee :D

skatey katie said...

wooooohooooooooo
got your email, and read your post... way to go girl.
we just went to aux for two nights, i love that feeling we get coming back home over the brow of the hill at athenree and we can see our sea, our mountain, and we all b-r-e-a-t-h-e....

I don't do well with selling stuff...I prefer to gift...however I would love to have my own boutique of sorts...
i love the buzz of gifting/swapping too (watching the *lurve* go around the universe), i am a ridiculously bad salesperson... nearly as bad as hubby, i often tease him that he would pay someone to take our stuff away... rather than Them Paying Us.

P.S. Wanna do a sparkly/woolly trade...I make lovely snuggly woolly socks!!!
yes!!!!!!!!!
let me know when you're *home and hosed* and we'll get creating ok...