Thursday, February 22, 2007

Chucklemuckles


I just want to tell you about my little chucky boy, C2...I have four kiddos and he is the least mine in lots of ways...he is all boy and LOVES his Daddy and Big Brother...but every now and then he favours Mummy..and is so snuggly and scrummy.


C is the spitting image of J when he was a boy...he has olive skin, beautiful big brown eyes and fantastic white blond hair. He is usually fearless and lives life to the full...I am thankful he is part of our family...he is exuberant...he is joyous...he is wow!


We are a quiet family in many ways...C was given to us to bring a spark of mischievousness and passion to out lives, to challenge our ideas about what is "acceptable behaviour"...I mean how can I reprimand a little 2 year old who lovingly covers up the baby with toys cos "bubba sad"? How can I refuse to cuddle a little guy who is distraught because he ripped his favourite book in a desperate attempt to show me the fire engine picture? How can I fault a boy who snatches a toy off his sister, but willingly returns it with a kiss and a cuddle and a "Sorry A"?


Yes, he has his moments...he screams, he has a tendency to hit and throw things in anger...he is a little guy who needs his family to encourage him and help him to develop in strength of charcter, loving him along the way.


2 comments:

skatey katie said...

that photo is so intense.
those eyes.
what a *gorgeous boy*

i love your words... think i focussed on the negative too much when my kiddos were little, instead of *accentuating the positive* (reminds me of that ole saatchi&saatchi ad lol).
seriously, i think parenting M5 has been *so* easy by comparison as i haven't fought his God-given personality, just run with it and let him blossom in his own time....
wow, there's an onion layer for ya
mwah

oacemama said...

thanks Kate...I think he is pretty darn spunky myself...he is my most "eat him all up" kid by far!

I am finding on the whole that I am really enjoying my kids...and I think ehat you have said is the primary reason. I am usually able to see that with a lot of love, and attention and realsising their ages and personalities we can guide them gently without having to come down like a ton of bricks on every perceived infraction!!

it helps me to blog it oo...so when I have arrrrrggggghhhhh days I can look back and go...oh yeah!