Sunday, August 03, 2008

I heart the Sallies


So...one day i decide I want to learn to spin wool, y'know how 'tis.


I was inspired by my lovely friend Lou.


Months later I acquired some unspun, carded wool via the lovely J from the Sallies near her place.


A couple of months further on I found The Ashford Book of Spinning at another Sallies shop.


Just this last week, on our anniversary getaway, I dragged poor J into the Sallies at our holiday spot and Eureka...the elusive spinning wheel.


Unspun fleece $9


How to Book $4


Spinning Wheel in perfect working order $50


Completely cementing my Nana status ...priceless.

3 comments:

skatey katie said...

ohgosh, that wheel looks exactly like my mum's... i hope she didn't ditch hers at the sallies!
i remember skiing winters, we all used to have a go on my auntie's wheel... using natural undyed fleece. love that smell.
happy spinning (no double entendre intended lol)
mwah X

Sharonnz said...

Oooooooh...looks like mine...so when YOU know how to do it you'll come down to give me lessons, right?

Setiuz Mama said...

That's it!!! Now we do really need to get together...my spinning wheel is sitting in the shed waiting to be used.....feel the need!!!!