Thursday, September 20, 2007

Dress Up

A few months back Jess and I went to a fabric sale at a groovy boutique in Grey Lynn called MOA...I finally broke into the stash of goodies I got and made A3 these two cute summer dresses.




I was hoping to get some pics of A3 in at least one...but she was not obliging... so here they are.


Note... lined bodice...and zips! Yes, it is true...I dug back into the recesses of my mind and pulled out fourth form sewing and voila I remembered how to put in zips.

Total cost per dress...80cm of fabric $2, zip from the Sallies 20c...way better than a bought one I reckon.

7 comments:

Sharonnz said...

Stunning! I'd even wear the one with the floral bodice too;-)

priest said...

WOW!! great job Karen.

Setiuz Mama said...

OOOO I like!! Esp the Green and floral print dress! hmmm time to have a little girl me thinks......then I can commission you to make little dresses for her. You ARE quite clever!

CC said...

what sharonnz said! you're too clever missy :)

Sarah Bean said...

Ok, you just gave me a total heart attack. Wasn't that clothing boutique we went to in auckland called moa? So me not reading properly, I thought "oh she went back with Jess to get that dress"... and then you HACKED your moa clothes up and made (stunningly awesome btw) little girl dresses out them!!?? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!
But then I read 80cm fabric = $2... no, that can't be right... frantic re-read... ohhhhhh, a FABRIC boutique...
flip.
ok so now that regular broadcast has resumed - very very cool dresses! she is going to be one funky little lady in those!
:D

oacemama said...

Sarah...you are tooo funny ...it was the same store...but they were selling off all of their end rolls of fabric from this years lines...some TOTALLY cool stuff I got there for next to zippo. OMG I would NEVER cut up a dress i bought from there...you saw the prices!!!!!

And thanks everyone else for all the lurve...Now to get Miss A to wear them!!!!

Jess said...

Soooo cool karen! Force her into one for tommorow so i can see IRL!!! (In real life, Jamie :p)